- Patriotic Veterans Day Quotes
- Veterans Day Messages – For Any Veteran
- Veterans Day Messages – For Husband
- Veterans Day Messages – For Wife
- Veterans Day Messages – For Employees & Coworkers
Veterans Day is an incredible and patriotic day. Every November, we show our gratitude, thanks, and appreciation for the many sacrifices our service members make daily to protect our nation at home and abroad. Putting their lives both on hold and on the line for the sake of our safety is something we can all be grateful for this Veterans Day. They deserve the utmost recognition for their commitment to our nation, and this is the perfect time to thank them for it.
Many of these Veterans Day wishes can be used to thank a veteran any time during the year. But for this special holiday honoring our service members, take the time to write a greeting card giving thanks for all they’ve done for our country. If you’re wondering where to start, we’ve broken it down for you to make it easy. Use this list of Veterans Day messages to inspire you to write a thankful note to the veteran in your life.
Patriotic Veterans Day Quotes
Here are some famous quotes to honor U.S. Veterans on Veterans Day this year. Include one of these memorable quotes on your Veterans Day card to a former service member.
- “We will not tire, we will not falter, we will not fail.” – George W. Bush
- “Never was so much owed by so many to so few.” – Winston Churchill
- “Valor is stability, not of legs and arms, but of courage and the soul.” – Michel De Montaigne
- “We don’t know them all, but we owe them all.” – Unknown
- “There is nothing nobler than risking your life for your country.” – Nick Lampson
- “He loves his country best who strives to make it best.” – Robert G. Ingersoll
- “America without her soldiers would be like God without his angels.” – Claudia Pemberton
- “Live as brave men; and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
- “There is a certain enthusiasm in liberty, that makes human nature rise about itself, in acts of bravery and heroism.” – Alexander Hamilton
- “The only thing that makes battle psychologically tolerable is the brotherhood among soldiers. You need each other to get by.” – Sebastian Junger
- “The willingness of America's veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude.” – Jeff Miller
- “Our veterans accepted the responsibility to defend America and uphold our values when duty called.” – Bill Shuster
- “Without heroes, we are all plain people, and don't know how far we can go.” – Bernard Malamud
- “How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes!” – Maya Angelou
- “Valor is stability, not of legs and arms, but of courage and the soul.” – Michel de Montaigne
- “A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.” – Joseph Campbell
- “This nation will remain the land of the free only as long as it is home of the brave.” – Elmer Davis
- “Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear — not absence of fear.” – Mark Twain
- “The willingness of America’s veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude.” – Jeff Miller
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” – John F. Kennedy
- “Thank you so much for your countless sacrifices. I appreciate all you’ve done to keep all of us safe and free.” – Amy Minchin
- “A young man who does not have what it takes to perform military service is not likely to have what it takes to make a living.” – John F. Kennedy
- “Honor to the soldier and sailor everywhere, who bravely bears his country’s cause. Honor, also, to the citizen who cares for his brother in the field and serves, as he best can, the same cause.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “In the face of impossible odds, people who love this country, can change it.” – Barack Obama
- “On this Veterans Day, let us remember the service of our veterans, and let us renew our national promise to fulfill our sacred obligations to our veterans and their families who have sacrificed so much so that we can live free.” – Dan Lipinski
- “Better than honor and glory, and history’s iron pen, was the thought of duty done and the love of his fellow-men.” – Richard Watson Glider
- “Honoring the sacrifices many have made for our country in the name of freedom and democracy is the very foundation of Veterans Day.” – Charles B. Rangel
- “Freedom makes a huge requirement of every human being. With freedom comes responsibility.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf.” – George Orwell
Veterans Day Messages – For Any Veteran
Thank a veteran family member or friend with any of these Veterans Day wishes. They’ll be honored to hear your words of appreciation for all the sacrifices they’ve made for our great nation.
- Happy Veterans Day to my favorite soldier.
- Thank you so much for your service. Happy Veterans Day.
- Thank you for serving to protect us. Have a great Veterans Day.
- God bless you and thank you for your bravery.
- With gratitude for your service to America on Veterans Day and always.
- For your service, your bravery, and your hard work, we thank you. Happy Veterans Day!
- Thank you for your sacrifice, your bravery, and the example you set for us all.
- Thinking of you on Veterans Day and thanking you for all you did for our country.
- Thank you for serving the country with courage and dedication. Happy Veterans Day.
- Ours is a country filled with promise for tomorrow — because ours is a history shaped by heroes like you.
- Those who live in freedom will always be grateful to those who helped preserve it.
- Wishing you a happy Veterans Day and praising your loyalty to the country. May God bless you.
- Happy Veterans Day to our veterans. We owe you a debt of gratitude, but more than that, we owe you our freedom.
- Thank you for bravely doing what you were called to do so we can safely do what we’re free to do.
- Happy Veterans Day. You guys deserve every ounce of respect for securing our future.
- It’s veterans like you who have made this country great. So grateful to be an American. So proud to call you family.
- Dear veterans, we owe you our independence and sovereignty! Thank you for your tireless service!
- Remembering with gratitude the brave men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice for our nation.
- You will always be remembered for your sacrifice and love for the country. All hail to the brave souls of this century.
- There is nothing I can say that can describe how amazed I am by your dedication. Thank you for your service. Happy Veterans Day.
- On this Veterans Day, we honor the men and women who served the country. We are extremely proud of you.
- We owe you so much. Hats off to you for being so brave and loyal. Happy Veterans Day, dear.
- Thank you so much for putting yourselves in harm’s way to safeguard our freedoms. Happy Veterans Day.
- I am so proud to have a friend who served our country with honor. Thank you for your courage and sacrifice, Happy Veterans Day!
- Thank you for risking your life so that the others live a great life. Thank you for protecting the world and making it a better place. Happy Veterans Day.
Veterans Day Messages – For Husband
Being a military wife, you know firsthand the sacrifices your husband makes to keep our country safe. Thank him this Veterans Day for all he’s done for our nation.
- Happy Veterans Day to my loving husband. Your duty to our nation inspires me and everyone around you every day.
- Happy Veterans Day, baby! Today, we honor your zeal and the sacrifices you make!
- You have sacrificed so much for the nation, my dear. Happy Veteran’s Day to you!
- Happy Veterans Day to my husband. It is a very proud day for me as a wife to a service member. May God bless you.
- My dear husband, may you always stand for what is right. Happy Veteran’s Day.
- You have made us proud for being so brave and compassionate. Happy Veterans Day Dearest Hubby!
- To my dear husband, I wish you a very Happy Veterans Day. May you always stand for the honor of America.
- Wishing my inspiring husband a very Happy Veterans Day. May you always shine bright in your uniform, doing your duty to the best of your abilities.
- My love, you have been entrusted with the honorable duty of guarding our nation’s borders, and you always do an excellent job! Happy Veterans Day!
- Honey, even though the times when you are gone, I miss you, I know that there is a greater purpose that you are fulfilling. I love you and Happy Veterans Day!
Veterans Day Messages – For Wife
If your wife is a veteran, let her know how grateful you are to be married to a person who takes her duty to our country so seriously. Thank her for her sacrifices with one of these Veterans Day wishes.
- To my strong, beautiful wife. I wish you a Happy Veterans Day. Thank you for all the sacrifices you’ve made for our country.
- On the occasion of Veterans Day, I salute you for all the work you are doing. Happy Veterans Day to my loving wife.
- You have sacrificed so much for our national, my love. Happy Veterans Day to you!
- Thank you for all you have done for our country. I admire you every day. Happy Veterans Day, my beautiful wife.
- Your duty to our country inspires everyone around you. Happy Veterans Day, my love.
Veterans Day Messages – For Employees & Coworkers
If you have employees who are veterans, take a moment to honor them with a special announcement or personal message! Knowing their sacrifices are valued in the workplace will be so meaningful.
- Your courage and sacrifice have made our country what it is today. Thank you for your service.
- Salute to all of you who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our country. Your bravery and integrity are an inspiration, so we thank God every day for you.
- We are truly grateful for all that you have done for us. Thank you for your service, God bless you, and Happy Veterans Day!
- Thank you for your service to our country. We are grateful for your sacrifice, and we honor you on this Happy Veterans Day.
- Thank you for your service and for all that you do to support our country. Patriots like you deserve all the respect on this Happy Veterans Day!
- Thank you for your dedicated service to our country. Happy Veterans Day… it’s an honor to work with you.