- What to Write in a Father’s Day Card – Heartfelt Father’s Day Wishes
- What to Write in a Father’s Day Card – Funny Father’s Day Wishes
- What to Write in a Father’s Day Card – Father’s Day Wishes for Your Husband
- What to Write in a Father’s Day Card – Religious Father’s Day Wishes
- What to Write in a Father’s Day Card – Father’s Day Quotes
- What to Write in a Father’s Day Card – Father’s Day Wishes for Grandpa
He’s your role model, the person you turn towards when things go wrong – he’s always had your back and you know he always will. There is so much to be grateful for when Father’s Day comes around! How do you find the right words to say to someone who you love and appreciate so much? And how do you make it unique? Expressing your love in a Father’s Day card can be overwhelming because there are endless things to say about your dad.
To make it easier for you, we made an extensive list of some of our favorite wishes for Father’s Day! Use these messages as a guide and be sure to add your own unique touch to your card to make it as personal as possible. Whether you’re looking for heartfelt wishes, funny wishes, religious wishes, or Father’s Day quotes, you’ll find something here that will inspire you to pick up that pen!
Heartfelt Father’s Day Wishes
Dads give everything they have for their family. Letting him know that you appreciate all the sacrifices he’s made for you is the most meaningful way to wish him a happy Father’s Day. You can’t go wrong with one of these simple, straight-forward Father’s Day messages that are perfect to send from a son or daughter!
- Happy Father’s Day, Dad. You’re not only my father, but also my best friend.
- I am the luckiest person in the world to have a father like you.
- Thank you for all the ways you go above and beyond every day.
- I should tell you this more often, but I love you. Enjoy your special day!
- Only a dad like you gives his all to make way for his children.
- I need more than one day to celebrate just how special you are, dad.
- A dad is someone you look up to no matter how tall you grow.
- Your guidance and wisdom have helped shaped me into who I am today.
- Dad, thank you for being the glue that holds our family together.
- Today and every day, I appreciate everything you do for our family.
- Thank you for being my biggest supporter. I love you forever.
- You have always been my hero and role model. Thank you for everything you do.
- Where would I be without you as my dad? I'm so grateful for you. Happy Father's Day.
- Life doesn't come with a manual – it comes with a father.
- Who needs superheroes when the world has dads like you?
- Thanks for being there for me throughout my life. I can’t imagine it without you.
- Any man can be a father, but it takes a special one to be a dad.
- Dad, you’re still the one I think of first when I have a question or just when I need some support or advice. Thank you for being there for me.
- Now that I’m older, I understand. You were right about everything, Dad. I love you and appreciate you.
- I will always remember our great memories together, and I’m looking forward to many more!
Funny Father’s Day Wishes
It’s safe to say that even the most serious of dads appreciates a good joke. Include a hilarious memory or one-liner to make your dad smile on his special day. There’s a reason they’re called dad jokes after all! Here some of our favorites.
- Dad, you’ve always been like a father to me.
- The man, the myth, the legend. Happy Father's Day, Dad!
- Congrats, Dad! I turned out great!
- Happy Father’s Day from your favorite financial burden!
- I may not be perfect, but at least I'm not mailing this from prison. Nice job, Dad!
- Today is all about you, Dad! Enjoy, because tomorrow it’s back to the rest of us.
- I love you, Dad – even if I never accept your friend request.
- To one of my favorite parents – Happy Father’s Day!
- I finally checked the oil in my car. Happy Father's Day!
- The most important life lesson I've learned: When all else fails, call Dad.
- I know raising me took patience... to say the least. Thank you for all of yours!
- No matter what life throws at you, at least you don't have ugly kids.
- Happy Father’s Day, Daddy. We’ll just drop the grilled meat off at the door to your man cave.
- Sending you heartfelt appreciation on Father’s Day. It’s the least I can do considering all the gray hairs I’ve given you.
- Everything is good but there is only one thing that I want to thank God that I don’t look like you dad… Warm wishes on Father’s Day.
- Happy Father’s Day! Here’s a joke for you: What does a baseball team and pancakes have in common? They both need a good BATTER!
- Thanks for teaching me all the best things I know…plus some other good stuff that I probably should have paid more attention to.
- Dad, you’re one in a million, which are roughly the odds of everybody being ready and in the car when you want to leave.
- Happy Father’s Day, Dad! You may not know everything, but you sure had me fooled for a while.
- I wouldn’t trade you for anything, Dad. No one’s offered me anything yet, but I’m sure I wouldn’t!
Father’s Day Wishes for Your Husband
This Father’s Day, let your husband know how grateful you are to have him lead your family and be your source of strength. A loving or romantic Father’s Day message will go a long way in making him feel appreciated for all he does for the family.
- Thank you for every single thing you do for our family. I'm truly thankful.
- Happy Father’s Day, darling. Thank you for being a role model to our children.
- I admire how you constantly stay strong for the kids. Happy Father’s Day.
- To my sweet husband! Hoping you have a day that is as wonderful as you are.
- Happy Father’s Day to the world’s greatest father, husband, guardian, and companion.
- You're an incredible dad and an even better partner.
- I love you and I treasure the family we've built together. Happy Father's Day!
- I'm raising a glass to you, and wishing you the most beautiful, meaningful day.
- Happy Father’s Day. When I married you, I knew you would be a wonderful husband and an incredible father. I guess I was right.
- Life seems so much easier if someone has a father like you. Our kids must be the luckiest. Happy Father’s Day to you.
- I consider myself fortunate to have you as my husband and father of my child. Happy Father’s Day.
- One day is not enough to show our gratitude to our father hence won’t try either. Happy Father’s Day.
- Thanks for showering our kids and me with unconditional love and care. Happy Father’s Day, dear.
- I hope you know how much I appreciate you, today and always. Happy Father's Day my love!
- Happy Father’s Day to an award-winning Father! You are truly the best father a child could hope for, as well as a fantastic husband!
- I'm so thankful to be able to share this journey of parenthood with you. Happy Father's Day!
- Happy Father’s Day to my husband. You are everything to me and the children and words can never describe how much we love you.
- To My Husband – My Hero. Thank you for being such a strong person for us. You are an awesome father and I love you!
- Happy Father’s Day, my wonderful husband! You are someone our children admire and respect.
- I give you full credit for our children’s goodness and kindness. Happy Father’s Day to you, my dear.
Religious Father’s Day Wishes
If your family is religious, then now is a perfect time to remind your father or husband how blessed you feel to have him in your life. These are some of our very favorite religious messages to include in a Father’s Day card.
- God took the strength of a mountain, the patience of eternity, and combined them to create the thing we call dad.
- I thank God for blessing me with a wonderful dad like you who has always supported me and my dreams. With lots of love, I wish you a very Happy Father’s Day dad.
- On the occasion of Father’s Day, I am praying to Jesus to always shower you with his choicest blessings and always bring you joys. Happy Father’s Day.
- As you continue to be the father of our family, may God bless you with strength and wisdom. Happy Father’s Day!
- Happy Father’s Day to the most amazing husband. May God bless you in every step you take.
- Warm wishes on Father’s Day to you dad. I pray to God to always keep you safe, happy, and smiling because you mean the world to me.
- As we celebrate today, may God bless you with the wisdom to continue leading this family. Happy Father’s Day, honey!
- I pray that God blesses you with happiness and love on this day. Happy Father’s Day, dear!
- You are the most precious one to me in this world and I pray for your happiness and wellness each and every day. Wishing you a very Happy Father’s Day.
- “To the most amazing dad, I wish a very Happy Father’s Day to you my dear. You have been the thread who binds us all.”
- “Warm wishes on Father’s Day to you. May God is always there to protect you for your kids and for our family.”
- Extending warm wishes on Father’s Day to you dad. May Jesus always keeps you safe and blessed because you are very special.
- Without you, I cannot imagine even one day of my life. I wish that you are always with me as my strength. Happy Father’s Day to you dad.
- Happy Father’s Day, my sweet husband. I pray that God blesses you with the strength to be a great father always.
- I pray that God will always keep you safe wherever He leads you. Happy Father’s Day, sweetheart!
Father’s Day Quotes
A beautiful quote can often be the perfect way to start your Father’s Day card. These meaningful and inspirational Father’s Day quotes will convey to your dad just how admired and love he really is.
- “By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he’s wrong” – Charles Wadsworth
- “The greatest mark of a father is how he treats his children when no one is looking.” – Dan Pearce
- “A father is neither an anchor to hold us back, nor a sail to take us there, but a guiding light whose love shows us the way.” - Unknown
- “A father is someone you look up to no matter how tall you grow” – Unknown
- “Lately all my friends are worried they’re turning into their fathers. I’m worried I’m not.” – Dan Zevin
- "The older I get, the smarter my father seems to get." – Tim Russert
- "My dad has always taught me these words: care and share." – Tiger Woods
- "Looking back all I can say about all the things he did for me is I hope I'm at least half the dad that he didn't have to be." – Brad Paisley
- "Life doesn’t come with an instruction book – that’s why we have fathers." – H. Jackson Browne
- "Being a dad isn’t just about eating a huge bag of gummy bears as your wife gives birth. It means being comfortable with the word ‘hero.’" – Ryan Reynolds
- "The heart of a father is the masterpiece of nature." – Antoine Francis Prevost
- “You’re simply the best.” – Tina Turner
- "Raising kids may be a thankless job but at least the pay sucks." – Jim Gaffigan
- "Every son's first superhero is his father." – Tiger Schraff
- "There should be a children's song: If you're happy and you know it, keep it to yourself and let your dad sleep." – Jim Gaffigan
- "She did not stand alone, but what stood behind her, the most potent moral force in her life, was the love of her father." – Harper Lee
- "When you're young, you think your dad is Superman. Then you grow up, and you realize he's just a regular guy who wears a cape." – Dave Attell
- "Fatherhood is the great thing that could ever happen. You can't explain it until it happens – it's like telling someone what water feels like before they've ever swam in it." – Michael Buble
- "I've said it before, but it's absolutely true: My mother gave me my drive, but my father gave me my dreams. Thanks to him, I could see a future." – Liza Minnelli
- "A daughter needs a dad to be the standard against which she will judge all men.” – Unknown
Father’s Day Wishes for Grandpa
No Father’s Day is complete without showing your love and appreciation to your grandfather! After all, there’d be no you without him! This Father’s Day tell your grandpa how you value his wisdom and cherish all the wonderful time you spend with him.
- Happy Father’s Day to my awesome grandfather. Thank you for all the fun times and everything you taught me along the way. You’re the best!
- To my dear grandfather, I hope your Father’s Day is as wonderful as you are, and the year ahead is even better!
- Dear Grandpa, no one could ever replace you because when it comes to grandpas, you are simply the very best!
- Grandpa, if it wasn’t for you, none of us would even be here! I appreciate you and all that makes you so very special. Happy Father’s Day!
- Happy Father’s Day to my fantastic grandfather. I will always cherish the quality time we spent together and look forward to making many more memories!