- What to Write in an Anniversary Card: Anniversary Wishes for Husband
- What to Write in an Anniversary Card: Anniversary Wishes for Wife
- What to Write in an Anniversary Card: Anniversary Wishes for Friends
- What to Write in an Anniversary Card: Anniversary Wishes for Parents
- What to Write in an Anniversary Card: Religious Anniversary Wishes
- What to Write in an Anniversary Card: Anniversary Wishes for Anyone
- What to Write in an Anniversary Card: Funny Anniversary Wishes
- What to Write in an Anniversary Card: Anniversary Quotes
Reaffirming your love by celebrating an anniversary is a beautiful thing. A small gift, candles, flowers, chocolates, or dinner reservations all go a long way to set a romantic mood for this annual celebration of love and togetherness. It’s easy to become overwhelmed when wondering what to write in your anniversary card to your husband, wife, a friend, parents, or anyone else. But that’s why we’re here!
Sometimes all you need is a little head start! With our extensive list of anniversary wishes, you’ll find the inspiration you need to pick up the pen and get writing. Definitely don’t forget to include something personal as you would for any greeting card message. This is the time to let your love shine and you can feel free to be funny, sweet, or heart-throbbingly romantic! Pull on those heartstrings with a beautiful message for your next wedding anniversary! Now let’s get started…
Anniversary Wishes for Husband
Your anniversary is one of the most special occasions of the year! Remind your husband that he’s the man of your dreams on your anniversary with a romantic anniversary message. Here are 15 perfect anniversary wishes to use in your anniversary card to your husband!
- Heart in Hand. You and Me. Today, tomorrow, forever. Happy Anniversary!
- Marriage is a relationship in which one is always right and the other is the husband!
- How lucky am I to have a man like you in my life? Here’s to many more years of love and happiness together.
- Thank you for being my husband, my partner, my lover, and my best friend. Happy anniversary!
- I am so lucky to have you as my husband and this is the best day in my life. Happy anniversary to you my dear.
- On our anniversary, I want you to know how much I’ve enjoyed annoying you all this time and how excited I am to keep doing so in the future.
- With you, I became a better person. Without you, my life will never be complete. Thank you for choosing me as your better half. Happy anniversary!
- My love for you is beyond words. I love you to the moon and back. Happy Anniversary, My Love!
- Here’s to the love of my life. Every moment of my life, I feel special and precious as I am the wife of such a wonderful man. Happy Anniversary.
- I can’t imagine my life without you; it completely revolves around you just like all the planets revolving around the sun. Very happy anniversary my love!
- No matter how many times we fight in a day, the love that we share is incomparable! I love you! A very happy wedding anniversary, my love!
- Even after (X) years of our marriage, I can’t believe you are mine. I am so lucky, and I feel grateful to be your wife. Happy Anniversary!
- My dear husband, this Anniversary I just want to wish us many more years of togetherness and happiness! Happy Anniversary!
- You are the one I want to have a million adventures with and fall in love with all over again. I love you.
- You’re the only one I want to annoy for the rest of my life. Happy wedding anniversary!
Anniversary Wishes for Wife
On your anniversary, remind your wife know that your love for her is the truest and most pure thing you’ve ever known. Delight her gifts, chocolates, and a beautiful card that speaks from your heart. Here are our favorite anniversary messages to use in a card for your wife.
- It never gets old to tell my sweet wife, ‘I love you.’ Happy Anniversary.
- Happy wedding anniversary to the most beautiful woman on this earth. I love you!
- You have made me a better person by loving me for who I am. Thank you for being there for me always. Happy anniversary darling!
- I don’t know where I’d be without you, and I never want to find out. Here’s to many years of love and happiness ahead!
- If I had my life to live over again…next time I would find you sooner so that I could love you longer. Happy Anniversary to us!
- You have made me a better person by loving me for who I am. Thank you for being there for me always. Happy anniversary darling!
- Thank you for your unwavering love and dedication to me over the past (X) years. To the moon and back, I love you.
- To me, a perfect day consists of kissing you, talking to you, and cuddling with you. Happy Anniversary my angel!
- Happy Anniversary to the wonderful woman who has given me the most beautiful life. I love you, Darling!
- Every love story is special, unique, and lovely, but ours is my favorite. Happy Anniversary my love!
- You’re my number one, my love, and my wealth in good times and bad, sickness and health. Happy Anniversary!
- You are the most important part of my life. With your divine love, you have created a rainbow inside my heart. Keep loving me forever!
- You came into my life as Lady Luck!! Thank you so much for loving me!! Happy Anniversary!
- You need to know that I love you, I honor you, and I will always be here for you. Happy Anniversary, my love!
- When I think how much time I really want to spend with you as your husband, even forever seems too short.
Anniversary Wishes for Friends
It’s perfectly acceptable to wish your friends a happy anniversary! Tell them how they set an example for true love and wish them the best for their marriage in the years ahead!
- I’m so excited I get to third-wheel you for another whole year!
- Warm anniversary wishes to two dear friends who mean so much.
- This is what happens when marathon runners get married. You’ve built a love made to go the distance!
- Wishing the two of you a happy anniversary and the enjoyment of many more years.
- The two crazy beasts together really make the best couple ever! Happy Wedding Anniversary.
- May your love story never have an end. May your love for each other grow and grow. To years of joy, my friends!
- Thinking of you and all the good times we’ve shared. So glad you’re in our lives.
- Cheers to the ‘couple goals’ in our group!
- To one of our favorite couples to be around, here’s to plenty more double dates and memories made.
- A very happy anniversary to you, my friends. Looking forward to the years to come.
- Falling in love is easy - staying in love is the real challenge. Congratulations on another year together.
- I’m so happy for the love you two share. We all love you so much and hope you have a wonderful anniversary!
- No marriage is perfect, but if ever a couple came close, it’s you two.
- There are lots of quotes about lasting love but few couples who seem to do it as well as you.
- Everyone talks about lasting love, but no one does it better than you two.
Anniversary Wishes for Parents
For many of us, our parents set the ultimate example of what it means to be married. Congratulate them on another year of a beautiful relationship and successful marriage for their anniversary. Here are the best anniversary messages for parents!
- Happy anniversary to the best parents in the world! I love you both.
- I feel so lucky to have you as my parents. Wishing you a happy anniversary!
- No words can describe my wishes for you, my dear parents! Happy wedding anniversary! I love you both.
- You have always taught us to attain milestones in life. Congratulations on attaining one yourself. Happy anniversary to our dear parents.
- Thanks for putting so much pressure on me by raising the bar for a good marriage so high. Happy anniversary mom and dad.
- Mom and Dad, the home you’ve made and your loving commitment to each other have blessed our family in more ways than we can count.
- Thanks for being wonderful parents and for your lasting commitment to each other. In all my years, I’ve never once wondered whether you loved each other, or me. It was always so clear.
- It’s so good to call you family, to share good times with you both and to see how happy you make each other.
- You guys set a couple goals for us to follow, and I am sure because of your bond and respect we will always find the right partner. Thank you for setting an example, happy anniversary!
- Happy Anniversary mom and dad! Cheers to many, many more! We love you all so much!
- You are the greatest example of a perfect couple. You show the world that true love still exists. I love you both to the core of my heart. Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad!
- Dear mom and dad, I have learned a lot from your wonderful relationship, the meaning of love, care, and respect, you both truly are an ideal couple. Happy Anniversary!
- You two have given your children everything they wanted and an amazing atmosphere to grow up. Happy anniversary!
- Dear Mom and Dad, you are guys are cute, and we are proud to have you as our parents. Happy Anniversary! May the love keep growing between two of you.
- May you never stop loving each other like you always have. Happy anniversary to both of you!
Religious Anniversary Wishes
A wedding anniversary is time to celebrate the holy covenant between husband and wife. Whether celebrating your own anniversary, your parent’s, or another couple’s, you can express your admiration for this sacred commitment and devotion to one another with a beautifully written message!
- Wishing my lovely parents a happy anniversary! May God always keep you happy!
- May God bless you two as much as I've been blessed through both of you.
- I pray to God that the light of love never stops glowing! My warm wishes to both of you.
- Having a devoted wife like you is one of my biggest achievements in life. Happy anniversary, my love.
- For me, you are the light that keeps guiding me towards salvation. I love you. Happy wedding anniversary!
- Happy wedding anniversary, dear friend. Always remember to pray to God for all the blessings he has blessed you with.
- Happy anniversary, Mom and Dad. I pray that God blesses your marriage for all eternity.
- Your love for God has been awarded an everlasting happy marriage. May you always be happy for the rest of your life!
- I am still learning lessons from you guys. Your marriage is just one example of how you teach me to love others the way our Lord loves us.
- With God's help and your diligence, you were able to survive raising me. Now you get to rest and relax together, and God will help you do that too! Happy Anniversary!
- Be grateful for all our heavenly Father has blessed you with. A happy married life is one of the greatest blessings, too.
- You two taught me the definition of love for God and your partner. Happy anniversary, Mom and Dad. I look up to you.
- Happy anniversary to my favorite couple. I’m so blessed to have such God-loving parents. I hope He keeps both of you safe.
- The bond between you two amazes me! Wishing you a lovely anniversary, Mom and Dad.
- Happy Anniversary, Mother and Father! May God always lead you to the path of happiness.
Anniversary Wishes for Anyone
If you know when someone’s anniversary is, it’s always polite to congratulate them on it and wish them well in the year ahead! Here are some generic anniversary wishes for anyone from a friend to a coworker.
- Have a wonderful anniversary and enjoy every moment.
- Wishing you both all the love and happiness on your anniversary.
- Enjoy your anniversary, you have so many more to come.
- Happy anniversary to you both. We always knew the two of you had something special!
- Wishing you both all of the happiness in the world! Congratulations!
- It only feels like yesterday we were celebrating at your wedding!
- Here’s to another year of being great together!
- Wishing you many more years of happiness and unconditional love.
- I’m delighted for you two as you celebrate one year of marriage. On your anniversary, my warmest and fondest wishes.
- Congratulations! You are here to commemorate the most joyous day of your life. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary!
- Sending you loving wishes that you’ll grow deeper and deeper in love with every passing anniversary.
- On this particular occasion, I wish you two a long and happy life together. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary!
- Hope you both are able to celebrate a little each day! Congratulations on the anniversary!
- Wishing more laughter, more joy, more love for the both of you in the years to come.
- May your love never end, and your lives are packed with happiness! On your wedding anniversary, best wishes!
Funny Anniversary Wishes
We’re fans of making just about anything funny. When it comes to anniversaries, there are so many hilarious sayings and quotes about marriage that are perfect for anyone with even the slightest sense of humor! Use one of these funny lines to get your anniversary message started.
- Holy crap! We’re still married!
- Sorry, no refunds! Happy Anniversary!
- Marriage is a three-ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring, and suffering.
- If love is an amazing dream, then marriage is the alarm clock.
- Marriage is a workshop… where the husband works & wife shops
- Husbands are the best people to share a secret with because they never listen anyway.
- Marriage is basically just whispering, ‘Are you awake? I need to show you this cat video.
- I love you. Thanks for killing all the spiders this year.
- Marriage means commitment. Of course, so does insanity.
- I’ll love you even when you’re old and wrinkly.
- Happy Anniversary to the best first husband I’ll ever have.
- Happy anniversary! I want to spend the rest of my money with you.
- Marriage is just texting each other – “do we need anything from the grocery store?” – until one of you dies.
- Here’s to another year of loving, laughing and putting up with each other’s mothers! Happy anniversary to you, my darling husband. I love you.
- Marriage is finding that one person who puts up with your drama, admires your weirdness, and still tells you they love you at the end of the day.
Funny Anniversary Quotes
No wedding anniversary list would be complete without a list of hilarious quotes. With all the ups and downs that come with marriage, remembering to laugh is necessary! Keep it either light or sarcastic with one of these funny quotes about love and marriage.
- “Love is a battlefield.” – Pat Benatar
- “Overall, I love you more than I want to strangle you.” – Unknown
- “One year down, freaking forever to go. Happy anniversary.” – Unknown
- “All I want for next year is you. Just kidding, give me diamonds.” – Unknown
- “Happy anniversary my love. Eat all the leftovers again and I will end you.” – Unknown
- “I love you more than coffee, but please don’t make me prove it.” – Elizabeth Evans
- “My dear husband, I want you. To do more around the house.” – Unknown
- “Being married to you is like having a best friend who never listens to what you say.” – Unknown
- “Marriage is a lot like the army. Everyone complains, but you’d be surprised at the large number that re-enlists.” – James Garner
- “Unless you want to forget about your marriage, it’s a good idea to remember your anniversary.” – Melanie White
- “A good marriage would be between a blind wife and a deaf husband.” – Michel De Montaigne
- “I think men who have a pierced ear are better prepared for marriage. They have experienced pain and bought jewelry.” – Rita Rudner
- “For marriage to be a success, every woman and every man should have her and his own bathroom. The end.” – Catherine Zeta-Jones
- “When someone is murdered, the police investigate the spouse first. That tells you everything you need to know about marriage.” – Katherine Hepburn
- “In my house, I am the boss. My wife is just the decision maker.” – Woody Allen